Easytrak is an Ultra Short Baseline (USBL) underwater positioning and tracking system centred on a multi-element, single transducer that transmits and receives acoustic signals to dynamic subsea targets from which range, bearing and depth information can be determined.
As a full system package, Easytrak has been specifically designed to overcome the difficulties of tracking underwater targets such as divers, ROV’s, AUV’s and tow-fish which operate out of sight beneath the water surface. As the name suggests, rapid deployment and ease of operation ensures that even novice users can commence tracking within minutes of set up. The innovative, compact design incorporates an impressive amount of features, providing stable and accurate tracking for a variety of subsea tasks.
- All operational equipment, hardware and software
- Integral pitch, roll and heading sensors to compensate for vessel movement
- GPS receiving software
- Robust, lightweight enclosures
- Intuitive control software, bringing the confidence of professional USBL systems to a wide operator base
- Track multiple targets simultaneously
- Track horizontally, enabling the location of floating targets e.g. AUV retrieval
- Operate in diverse applications with universal appeal
- Offer a versatility in system configuration that is second to none
- Operate AAE Acoustic Release Beacons (Nexus and Lite)
Four commercial versions of the system are available; the rack-mount, vessel based Nexus 2; the compact Nexus Lite or entry-level Alpha, and the Alpha Portable that has a display screen and keyboard housed in a marine grade splash-proof enclosure. The Nexus 2 is the most recent rack-mount model. In addition to tracking traditional ‘tone-burst’ beacons, Nexus also tracks Spread Spectrum beacons that offer increased performance.
A military grade system is also available, the Easytrak M-USBL 2671