Easytrak Nexus is an advanced Ultra Short Baseline (USBL) positioning and tracking system that incorporates bi-directional Spread Spectrum Technology to provide a secure acoustic link. It determines the position of dynamic subsea targets through the transmission and reception of acoustic signals between the submerged transceiver and the target beacon. By incorporating Spread Spectrum Technology, the wide bandwidth transmissions reduce its susceptibility to interference and enable the calculation of more accurate positioning information. Spread Spectrum Technology is also better at rejecting unwanted reflected signals which improves operations in challenging locations such as ports or harbours.
At the heart of the system is the Nexus Command Console, a powerful 2U rack mounted processor with direct connection to the system’s Transceiver. In addition to the Transceiver’s integral pitch, roll and heading sensors, serial ports on the Console allow the further interface with external reference units for higher accuracy. Other ports connect to the display monitor, keyboard and mouse and to the ship’s Ethernet.
Like other Easytrak systems, Nexus works with a variety of underwater targets and beacon types including Responders, Release and Positioning Transponders, both in traditional ‘tone-burst’ and Spread Spectrum modes.
- Secure acoustic bi-directional Spread Spectrum technology
- Ten target tracking
- Wide range of beacons including tone burst and Spread Spectrum models
- Dynamically compensated integral pitch, roll and heading sensor
- Easy to use interface
- Underwater survey and inspection
- Subsea construction sites
- Cable and pipeline route surveys
- Renewable energy offshore survey (including UXO survey)
- Hydrographic and geotechnical surveys
- Environmental surveys