Applied Acoustic Engineering is a manufacturer of high value marine related electronic-acoustic products with a global distributor network and an international client base.
We are located close to beautiful beaches and on the edge of the Broads National Park and are surrounded by pretty villages and market towns. The fine city of Norwich, with its many cultural attractions and excellent University and Science Park, is within easy commuting distance.
Employees enjoy competitive salaries in a pleasant working environment with training and career advancement opportunities. All job openings will be at our site in Great Yarmouth though some opportunities involve working overseas for short periods.
The company offers a substantial benefits package including;
- Admission to the company pension scheme
- Profit related bonus
For any job openings listed please send us your CV with an accompanying letter outlining your suitability and notice requirement to the Personnel Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org , or send by post to;
Applied Acoustic Engineering Limited, Marine House, Marine Park, Gapton Hall Road, Great Yarmouth, NR31 0NB, UK.
Further opportunities in the Group are listed on Applied Acoustics’ sister company website www.modulustechnology.com/careers
Product Line Specialist – Marine Geophysics/Sub Bottom Profiling
Reporting to the Group Technical Manager, you will be working as part of our Geophysical Engineering Team in a hands-on capacity as a driving force behind the technical evolution of the company’s market leading range of subsea geophysical survey products. The position involves the evaluation, design, trialling and testing of our next generation of products, along with the implementation and management of their progress into production. As a product specialist, there will be a requirement to offer support to our sales team and assist with post sales advice and technical support to our customers, including the possibility of undertaking field demonstrations and conducting on-site and in-house training sessions.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Team mentality.
- Observant, inquisitive and have an ability to solve problems.
- Previous experience in Marine Geophysics a distinct advantage.
- Good attention to detail.
Electronic Design Engineers
We have two vacancies for electronics design engineers to join and enhance our existing design team – one as a senior position and one with less experience. We would hope that the successful candidates would have experience of some or all of the following skills: –
- Digital and analogue hardware
- Embedded software development
- Schematic / PCB layout using Altium
- Power supply and high voltage experience
- Experience in taking a design from concept through to small batch production either independently or with others
Ideally applicants would be;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
- Have good theoretical and/or practical knowledge of electronics. Experience of subsea acoustics/hydrographic surveying is a distinct advantage. There may be some opportunities for equipment field testing.
- Possess a high standard of written and spoken English, organisational and communication skills.
- Possess necessary credentials to work in the UK and travel globally
These are excellent career opportunities for the right candidates.
The following position will be advertised shortly. Please check back soon or send your CV in now;
Software Engineer: To continue the development of our advanced products.
Notice relating to recruitment companies: It is the policy of all business units within the AAE Technologies Group not to engage the services of recruitment agencies. Unsolicited approaches from such agencies will not be entertained under any circumstances.