Applied Acoustic Engineering is a manufacturer of high value marine related electronic-acoustic products with a global distributor network and an international client base.
We are located close to beautiful beaches and on the edge of the Broads National Park and are surrounded by pretty villages and market towns. The fine city of Norwich, with its many cultural attractions and excellent University and Science Park, is within easy commuting distance.
Employees enjoy competitive salaries in a pleasant working environment with training and career advancement opportunities. All job openings will be at our site in Great Yarmouth though some opportunities involve working overseas for short periods.
The company offers a substantial benefits package including;
- Admission to the company pension scheme and
- Profit related bonus
For any job openings listed please send us your CV with an accompanying letter outlining your suitability, aptitude and the skills you have that match our requirements. Please send this to the Personnel Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org , or send by post to;
Applied Acoustic Engineering Limited, Marine House, Marine Park, Gapton Hall Road, Great Yarmouth, NR31 0NB, UK.
Further opportunities in the Group may be listed on Applied Acoustics’ sister company website www.modulustechnology.com/careers
Current Vacancies at June 20th 2018
Drawing Office Technician
We require a drawing office technician to work within our design team. The successful candidate will assist with drawings and document changes as well as creating new drawings for parts and sub-assemblies, and assisting in document control.
The successful candidate will have A-level equivalent grades and be IT literate with MS Office experience. Experience with Autocad LT and/or Solidworks would be advantageous. However we also use other software and a comprehensive stores and production management system which the candidate will need to become familiar with over time.
Previous experience within a mechanical, electrical or electronics environment would be a distinct advantage.
We also require a candidate who has good attention to detail but understands that tasks need to be completed on time. As the role will mean discussing matters with colleagues, good communication skills are also required.
We are looking for an Electronics Engineer to work in our busy production workshop. Working for the Production Manager the successful candidate will be working in our specialist team manufacturing our range of marine equipment including Acoustic Positioning and Sub Bottom Profiling products.
Duties will include:-
- PCB testing
- Sub assembly testing
- Fault finding manufactured equipment
- LV/HV testing
- Electrical and mechanical assembly
- Conducting factory acceptance tests
- Maintaining, co-ordinating burn in and soak testing
- Evaluating, fault finding and reporting on customer repairs
- Supporting in house peer to peer inspection
The successful candidate will have a keen eye on detail and a thorough and steady attitude to ensure that the very highest standard of product delivery can be maintained:-
- HND Electronics or equivalent
- Soldering to IPC 610 standard (training will be given)
- Willing to travel a limited number of days
- Driving licence
- Knowledge of working on marine equipment would be a distinct advantage.
With products in development or planned, the role offers the scope to work in a support role for the in-house product development team including prototype builds, testing and trials.
Software Design Engineer
The position will be working within a small design team of hardware and software engineers. The majority of our software interfaces with our range of bespoke hardware products, both controlling and presenting results via a graphical user interface.
Software Design Engineer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and writing code, primarily in C# and .NET. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment.
Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with specifications and technical design
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Experience of Windows GUI Development
- .NET Programming (3, 4 or 4.5)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Expereince using Microsoft Visual Studio and associated tools
- WinForms development
- Cross Platform Development Android/IOS (Xamarin)
- Experience of low level programming and hardware
- Serial Data Protocols
- Strong Mathematical Skills
- WPF development
- Windows Embedded Experience
- Knowledge of Offshore Surveying Techniques
Electronic Design Engineers
We have two vacancies for electronics design engineers to join and enhance our existing design team – one as a senior position and one with less experience. We would hope that the successful candidates would have experience of some or all of the following skills: –
- Digital and analogue hardware
- Embedded software development
- Schematic / PCB layout using Altium
- Power supply and high voltage experience
- Experience in taking a design from concept through to small batch production either independently or with others
Ideally applicants would be;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
- Have good theoretical and/or practical knowledge of electronics. Experience of subsea acoustics/hydrographic surveying is a distinct advantage. There may be some opportunities for equipment field testing.
- Possess a high standard of written and spoken English, organisational and communication skills.
- Possess necessary credentials to work in the UK and travel globally
These are excellent career opportunities for the right candidates.
Notice relating to recruitment companies: It is the policy of all business units within the AAE Technologies Group not to engage the services of recruitment agencies. Unsolicited approaches from such agencies will not be entertained under any circumstances.