Applied Acoustic Engineering is a manufacturer of high value marine related electronic-acoustic products with a global distributor network and an international client base.
We are located close to beautiful beaches and on the edge of the Broads National Park and are surrounded by pretty villages and market towns. The fine city of Norwich, with its many cultural attractions and excellent University and Science Park, is within easy commuting distance.
Employees enjoy competitive salaries in a pleasant working environment with training and career advancement opportunities. All job openings will be at our site in Great Yarmouth though some opportunities involve working overseas for short periods.
The company offers a substantial benefits package including;
- 30 days holiday per year (starting and increasing with time served);
- Admission to the company pension scheme and
- Profit related bonus
For any job openings listed please send us your CV with an accompanying letter outlining your suitability, aptitude and the skills you have that match our requirements. Please send this to the Personnel Manager, email@example.com , or send by post to;
Applied Acoustic Engineering Limited, Marine House, Marine Park, Gapton Hall Road, Great Yarmouth, NR31 0NB, UK.
Further opportunities in the Group may be listed on Applied Acoustics’ sister company website www.modulustechnology.com/careers
Current Vacancies at September 20th 2018
Electronic Design Engineers
We have two vacancies for electronics design engineers to join and enhance our existing design team – one as a senior position and one with less experience. We would hope that the successful candidates would have experience of some or all of the following skills: –
- Digital and analogue hardware
- Embedded software development
- Schematic / PCB layout using Altium
- Power supply and high voltage experience
- Experience in taking a design from concept through to small batch production either independently or with others
Ideally applicants would be;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline.
- Have good theoretical and/or practical knowledge of electronics. Experience of subsea acoustics/hydrographic surveying is a distinct advantage. There may be some opportunities for equipment field testing.
- Possess a high standard of written and spoken English, organisational and communication skills.
- Possess necessary credentials to work in the UK and travel globally.
Workshop Assembly Technicians (x2)
We require two additional technicians to work supporting the production engineers and other technicians in delivering the highest quality mechanical, electrical and electronic sub-assemblies.
- Wiring and Moulding Technician
- Electronic Assembly Technician
Between the two candidates duties will be mixed between the following:-
- Preparation and integrity testing of pressure housings
- Parts kitting and box builds
- PCB kitting and assembly
- Cable assembly
- Moulding of various underwater parts
- Working to CAD drawing
- Quality inspection
- Assisting in product factory acceptance testing
The successful candidates will have a keen eye for detail and be willing to learn. A Level 3 engineering based qualification would be desirable but the opportunity to gain this may be possible in a company sponsored scheme. Experience of assembly work including electronic PCB is an advantage although training will be given. Awareness of MRP/stock control, health and safety and technical drawings and drawing change control is also beneficial.
Proficiency in these skills is desirable although for the right candidate we will facilitate all appropriate training required to carry out these duties.
- PCB Soldering assembly and rework
- Wiring assembly
- Awareness of IPC-610 standard (training can be provided)
- Familiarity with pressure housing and seals
- Knowledge at user level of MS office
- Able to interpret technical drawings
- PU moulding experience
Previous experience within a mechanical, electrical or electronics environment would be a distinct advantage.
These are excellent career opportunities for the right candidates.
Notice relating to recruitment companies: It is the policy of all business units within the AAE Technologies Group not to engage the services of recruitment agencies. Unsolicited approaches from such agencies will not be entertained under any circumstances.